Manage College Costs
We've been named one of America's Best College Buys© for 19 consecutive years and offer lots of ways to afford your education. Join us and discover why UNT is one of the best investments you'll ever make.
A high quality education
an amazingly affordable cost
Cost to attend
The average total cost of attendance for the 2015-2016 academic year for a Texas resident living on campus and enrolled in 15 hours per semester is only $22,826. That includes all tuition and fees, housing, food, books, supplies, transportation and personal costs.
Above the rest for thousands less
UNT’s new Eagle Express Tuition Plan lets you lock in your academic costs for four years, earn your degree sooner and save up to $4,000 when you graduate in four years. It’s the most popular alternative tuition program in Texas.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
About 74 percent of UNT students receive financial aid and scholarships totaling $320 million annually, including $36 million in scholarships.
Scholarships for outstanding students
We offer many merit-based scholarships to help the best and brightest find their place at UNT. Scholarships include the UNT Excellence, Honors College and Terry Scholars scholarships. The UNT Meritorious Scholarship for National Merit Finalists is valued at over $100,000.
Access for the financially challenged
The Emerald Eagle Scholars program is available to students whose family adjusted gross income is $40,000 or less. This selective program provides guaranteed tuition and fees to academically talented and highly motivated students.
Apply for financial aid as early as possible
For the best chance of receiving aid, you should submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) before UNT’s March 15 financial aid priority deadline. If you miss the priority deadline, you can still submit your application.
Money Saving Perks
Student perks to save green
We're committed to providing you outstanding value, not just through our affordable tuition, but in every part of your experience. Here's just a few of the services on campus that help you stretch your budget:
- Borrow a laptop from the library
- Rent your textbooks from the bookstore instead of buying them
- There’s always someone handing out free stuff (stock up now and you’ll never pay for a pen again)
- Check out a free show, film, performance or concert (choose from thousands on campus each year)
- Head over to Chestnut Hall for discounted prescriptions and eyewear
- Stay healthy by working out in the Pohl Recreation Center, which features a 45-foot climbing wall, basketball courts, an indoor track, two pools and a whole lot more
- Cheer on the Mean Green at a game, which are free for UNT students