We’re committed to providing you outstanding value, not just through our affordable tuition, but in every part of your experience. It’s no wonder that we’ve been named one of America’s Best College Buys® for 23 consecutive years, an America’s Top College by Forbes and a Best in the West university by The Princeton Review.
Receive scholarships or financial aid
in scholarships and financial aid awarded annually
through our degree in three options
Oklahoma residents enjoy exceptional quality at an exclusive tuition rate
Checklist for success
Junior year of high school
- October:Take the PSAT, this will help you with scholarships and early admissions.
- February:Register for a spring SAT (school code: 6481) or ACT (school code: 4163) and send scores to UNT’s Office of Admissions.
Senior year of high school
- July:Apply to UNT beginning July 1 at ApplyTexas.org or Aug. 1 at CommonApp.org.
- August:Register for fall SAT or ACT if necessary and forward test results to UNT’s Office of Admissions.
- October:Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application opens Oct. 1. Be sure to designate UNT (school code: 003594) as the college to receive the FAFSA information.
- October/November:Attend UNT Fall Preview.
- January:The housing application opens in mid-January. Explore your UNT housing options. If you haven’t already submitted the FAFSA, submit it by Jan. 15.
- March:March 1 is the admissions priority date. Applications are accepted after March 1.
- April:Sign up for freshman orientation (the fee increases on May 1).
- June:Submit your final official high school transcript to UNT. Submit your immunization record with proof of a bacterial meningitis vaccination.
Estimated Cost 2019 – 2020
The average annual cost of attendance for a Texas resident living on campus and enrolled in 15 hours per semester is only $25,680. That includes all tuition and fees, housing, books and supplies. Curious about the bottom line? Get an estimate of your tuition and fee cost using our tuition calculators.
Scholarships for outstanding students
We offer many merit-based scholarships to help the best and brightest find their place at UNT. They include the UNT Excellence, Honors College and Terry Scholars scholarships. The UNT Meritorious Scholarship for National Merit Finalists is valued at over $118,000 for Texas residents and $170,000 for non-Texas residents.